Have you made some mistakes that you are afraid you can’t recover from in your writing career?
When it comes to success, sometimes we can be our own nemesis. We make mistakes, forget pitches, stick our feet in our mouths, you name it, it’s probably been done.
No matter what, Believe.
Here are some NFL bloopers that I’m sure the players thought they might not recover from, but they lived to play another day.
10 Reasons to Keep Believing in Spite of Mistakes:
- You Love To Write- At the end of the day, your voice won’t stay silent. You must write just as much as you must breathe.
- Editors Are Human – They have seen almost any mistake you have made before.
- Agents Are Human Too – They have heard almost every mistake in the book.
- Mentors Create A Lifeline – There are mentors in the writing community that will come along side you and give you get-back-on-track advice.
- You’re A Life-Long Learner – Writers are constantly learning new things about the trade. You never arrive. Just keep learning and be teachable.
- Someday You’ll Look Back And Laugh- Hold on to this thought. There will come a day when you see the humor in these moments.
- Everything Is Possible – Our Heavenly Father has promised that “All things are possible to those who love God.” (Phil. 4:13)
- You Are Not Alone – There are many on this writing journey with you. Find a local writing group or share with friends, but don’t go it alone.
- A Career Is Not Defined In One Day – Aren’t we all grateful for this? One day will not make or break your career. Be patient with yourself.
- The Patriots Won The Superbowl – In an unprecedented comeback, never before seen in history, the Patriots won the Superbowl. If they can do it, against all odds and Superbowl past stats, so can you!