- His fingerprints were on the tools.
- His friends ratted him out in exchange for a lighter sentence.
- When an officer challenged him to break out of the handcuffs, he said, “I can’t, you have my tools.”
- And the answer is….#3. 🙂
Now for today’s Super Sleuth:
A woman reported her car as stolen, and by evening the police had found the thief and the car. How?
- She mentioned that there was a car phone in it. The policeman taking the report called the phone and told the guy that answered that he had read the ad in the newspaper and wanted to buy the car. They arranged to meet, and the thief was arrested.
- The thief parked in the garage across the street from the Criminal Justice Center right next to the detective handling the case. When the detective went off duty, he thought he recognized the car. He ran the VIN number and it was registered to the woman who reported it stolen. He waited for him to return and arrested him.
- The thief was involved in a fender bender, and when the black and white unit came to investigate, the policeman ran the VIN number and the car came up stolen.
So which one is it?