Welcome to this week’s Super Sleuth. I want to apologize for not returning after my last post on Super Sleuth with the answer! So here’s a refresher with the answer before we get to today’s Stupid Criminal case.
The robber entered the victim’s home through a window in the early hours and woke her up by poking her with a gun. When she didn’t have any cash to give him, he made her drive to an ATM and demanded that she withdraw $2000, but the ATM would only let the victim withdraw $460. How did the police catch him?
- He made her return five more times to withdraw money, triggering an alarm.
- He held her captive until the bank opened and she could go inside to withdraw funds and an alert teller called the police.
- He told the victim to meet him in a parking lot the following morning with $1,500. The police showed up instead.
- He made her phone the number on the ATM to report a problem demanding that they release her funds and the service agent called the police.
And the answer is…It’s 3.- He told the victim to meet him the next day with the money and when he arrived the police arrested him.
I almost couldn’t believe the crook could be so stupid!
Now for today’s Super Sleuth:
Three men broke into a local burger joint and stole the cash register, along with the establishment’s entire surveillance system and a large bowl of macaroni salad.
By noon, they had been apprehended. Was it because:
- The surveillance system was wireless and the police were able to track them to their lair.
- They left a trail of macaroni salad like Hansel and Gretel’s bread crumbs.
- One of the thieves used the camera to take a video of the three dividing the loot that he uploaded on Facebook.
Which do you think it is? Answer next week with another Super Sleuth!