The other night I had a few guest blog posts to write, and I’d already spent the day revising my manuscript. Between dinner, exercising (yes, I’m on a health kick waaahhh!) and homework help, I was beat. The dishes had piled in the sink and on the counter. It was my daughter’s turn to do them, but she had a massive chemistry test to study for, so I trudged into the kitchen and began unloading the dishwasher.
Less than a minute later, my husband took the glass out of my hand and told me he was doing them. I protested–rather weakly, I might add–but he insisted. I practically swooned.
Now that’s romance.
Sure, I love roses. I have never turned down chocolate, and I never will. But sometimes the most romantic moments are when you’re exhausted, overworked, stressed out and ready to collapse.
Sometimes romance is doing the dishes.
Hmm…maybe I’m onto something. What other mundane tasks spell romance?
For me it’s when my husband:
– Takes my car in for any reason. I’m allergic to car dealerships, oil change facilities and body shops.
– Takes me out to dinner. I cook most of our meals, so it’s always nice to have a break.
– Goes to the park with me to walk. I love nature! Walking with my husband is one of my favorite activities.
– Does the yard work.
– Fixes things around the house.
– Drives our son to baseball games and practices.
Yes, I have plenty of reasons to swoon amid the mundane. Here’s to all the little things that spell love!
What makes you swoon?
Have a terrific day!
*If you go to my HOME page and scroll down, you’ll find the easy entry options to enter my Gift Package Giveaway to celebrate next month’s release of my debut novel, Small-Town Bachelor!!