Ever have one of those days when you’d just like to sit back on your heels and do nothing? I have those days, too. Those are the days we must take our dream by its shirt tails and not let go.
Seize the day, or you can bet it will seize you!
When that do nothing attitude has set in, it is time to pick yourself up and seize the day, the opportunities, the dream. It is in those subtle moments that define us as passionate writers with the tenacity for success.
5 Tips To Taking Charge Of Your Work Time:
1. Do Something. So you are not in the moment of your greatest creative mood, but you can take charge of your to do list and narrow it down. By the time you have made a dent in some of those responsibilities, you will have passion and time to write.
2. Be Strategic. Don’t force something that isn’t happening. Work in the area of your strength for that day. Not all days are great editing days. Not all days are great blogging days.
3. Be Focused. One of our greatest challenges is overcoming the distractions that present themselves as we are working. Set Yourself up for limited intrusions.
4. Reflect on the Journey. Go back in time and review the journey that brought you to where you are. If you have pictures or something that represents that time, take them out and look at them. This can refuel your inspiration.
5. Embrace Confidence. Sometimes we fear failure so much that it paralyzes our forward motion. Write your fears on a piece of paper and ask yourself this question: Is God bigger than these fears? Crumple the paper and throw it away. Make a list of dreams God is big enough to fulfill and post it next to your computer.
What do you do when you are struggling with lethargy or lack of motivation?